In 1822, second lieutenant Alexander Vasilchikov’s wife bought a land plot that had been unoccupied since the 1812 Fire of Moscow. Shortly afterwards, two houses were built there.
In 1822, a noble family of the Vasilchikovs bought a land plot that had been burnt down in 1812. By 1826, they had built two houses there. In the early 1830’s, the estate was sold to the family of Suvorov’s great-grandson Count Zubov, and later it came into possession of Prince Sergei Obolensky. At the turn of the 1850’s and 1860’s, two manor buildings were reconstructed and merged into one. Since 1865, the estate belonged to the Alekseevs, a wealthy merchant family. In 1885, it was acquired by the von Meck family. In 1895, the estate was bought by the Falz-Feins who built the balcony on and installed electrical equipment. In 1899, a private Opera House founder Sergey Zimin bought the mansion for his sister.
After 1917, the manor was nationalized and converted into an apartment building. In 1923, the building housed the RSFSR Supreme Court. In the late 1920’s it was a political emigrants’ shared house, and in the late 1940’s, the house was occupied by the “Dalstroy” State Trust.
In 1956, the building housed the USSR Central Chess Club. Today the manor hosts the Central Chess Club named after M. Botvinnik.